Lusaka, Zambia, Full Time Salary:
ABACUS360 are chartered accountants, consultants, company secretaries, tax advisors and recruiters for senior finance and accounting roles up to CFO level.
Continued business growth has led to the need for an Accounting Supervisor.
Candidates that meet the qualifications and experience requirements in the job description below should do a 35-minute online test at the link below AND attach a two-page CV:
I. Title: Accounting Senior
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Work Schedule: Full Time
Organizational Relationships: Reports to Accounting Manager
Supervises: Trainee Accountants, Accounting Associates
Coordinates with: Taxation, Corporate Secretarial, Business Advisory departments
II. Statement of responsibilities
Leading accounting assignments for monthly clients, reviewing files and ensuring completeness and adequacy of work performed, developing staff capacity, team and individual staff appraisals, managing accounting services costs, improving service delivery and efficiency ratios.
III. Essential Functions
1. Planning assignments, preparing work-delivery schedules and assigning staff to jobs
2. Overall responsibility for preparing financial statements
3. Ensuring accounting working papers and electronic documents are prepared following best practices and in compliance with IFRS for SME’s or Zambian GAAP
4. Staff training, reviews and development
5. Must have a keen eye for identifying value add services that improve our clients’ business
6. Enhancing ABACUS360 brand value by consistent excellent service
IV. Essential traits
1. Strong communication skills
2. Strong project management skills
A degree or diploma accounting diploma; Grade 12 certificate of 10 points or better in six subjects.
The ideal candidate has at least three years of experience preparing financial statements from incomplete records in an accounting practice, advanced Excel skills, working knowledge of Zambian tax and high-level experience with any accounting software.
ABACUS360 will only respond to candidates that meet the above requirements.