Alistair Group is looking for a strong leader in an asset-heavy division, our biggest revenue driver and our biggest service line. In order to run this service and expand our company to double its size in record time, we are looking for an individual leader as well as a problem solver and strategist.
Are you a person who loves mentoring and improving individuals? Would you like to do stuff differently?
Please take a look at the overview below if this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you about your experiences and how you brought creativity, growth to a company.
Reports to-Board Reports
* Company operating Hours: 24/7-Monday to Friday with alternate Saturday mornings
* Travel-A minimum of 50% for the area.
* Centered on a routine trip to Tanzania / Namibia / Mozambique / South Africa from Zambia.
What you need to have (these are important to this role’s success):—
* Work experience in a developing country
* Advanced degree: MBA / Work experience equivalent plus degree
Experience As a senior manager of a shipping, freight forwarding or other relevant technology-driven business, at least 5 years
* Good record of guiding a rising organization
What you’re going to be able to do:-
* Manages P&L, annual budget, best practices and subjects like cost analysis, competitive dynamics and applications
* Assessing the strengths and challenges of the company, drives sales and process change through a collaborative, open management style
Main goals include:
* Identifying and driving growth and revenue enhancement opportunities in the regions and introducing opportunities for cost and process optimization.
* Interacting and with clients within the countries, as well as interfacing with main stakeholders.
* Financial and organizational performance enhancement
* Advocating and introducing uniform operating procedures; standardizing network-wide workflows, leading and operating plan for aggressive business growth.
* Working as a change agent in the organisation to instill teamwork, coordination, vision and problem-solving skills.
* Working with the organization to strategically and tactically create, align and execute revenue growth and operational efficiency strategies, SOPs, skills and systems to facilitate short-term and long-term EBITDA enhancement, delivery success, asset efficiency, supply flexibility and availability, while at the same time enhancing the bottom line results of the business
* As a Best in Class company, reducing costs, rising service standards and achieving operational excellence
* Providing leadership and developing the company to be the best in the industry for continued aggressive growth.
* In your submission, please share the following details:-
— The size of the fleet for which you were responsible and what it consisted of
— the size of the staff you were in charge of
— What inventions did you bring to the company?