Trade Marketing Representative
Solwezi, Zambia, Full Time
Trade Marketing Representative
Location: Flexible Location
Function: Marketing & Sales
Appointment Type: Permanent
Please note that the role is based in Solwezi
• Develop and implement a territory Trade Marketing plan that meets the requirements of brand portfolio,
Merchandising and promotion particular to Area Trade Marketing objectives.
• Sound management of merchandising and promotion in outlets to achieve brand awareness, volume and market share.
• Ensure that Trade Channel and outlet type achieves territory distribution objectives of company drive brands in order that availability is maximized in line with brand strategies and market needs.
• Implement National Presence Marketing and promotion programmes with optimum use of resources and
materials in order to achieve the highest in-store visibility and sales performance for the key strategic brands
(Drive Brands) throughout the territory by earning the active support of the trade.
• Establish close working relationships with the trade in order to gain high levels of trade support and loyalty whilst enhancing understanding of the trade environment by imparting crucial trade knowledge to customers.
• Manage financial accounts and assets for the area to ensure those Trade Marketing resources are secure, realise a return on investment for BATZ and used efficiently and effectively.
• Provide Trade Marketing information, performance reports and accounts to ensure that Area Manager and key stakeholders are always fully informed.
For BAT (Zambia) to become the First Choice of Zambian Smokers it is essential to achieve a level of excellence as Trade Marketing Representatives in every aspect of Trade Marketing as a discipline. To gain a competitive advantage over opposition brands and to enjoy continued success and further growth there is a need to continuously recall and put into practice BAT’s new Mission Statement and in particular the Trade Marketing and Distribution Missions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Required:Self-discipline and organisation
Key Success Factors
Key Success Factors:Achieving set volume and GTO targets
Achieving agreed market share and share of voice targets.
Executing agreed merchandising/planograming to achieve desired brand awareness.
Accurate and well-maintained Outlet Classification Records.
Effective and efficient territory coverage.
Efficient and effective resource utilization. (Trade assets)
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Contractual Legal Entity: BAT Zambia PLC. (ZM10)
Merchandising, HVAC, Marketing, Retail, Operations
Apply for this Job
To apply for this job please visit careers.bat.com.