Community Based Rehabilitation Focal Point Person x3 at Zambia Enhanced Community Based Rehabilitation Response Program Project (Zecrep)
Lusaka, Full Time
Zambia Enhanced Community Based Rehabilitation Response Program Project (Zecrep)
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
ZAMBIA ENHANCED COMMUNITY BASED REHABILITATION RESPONSE
PROGRAM PROJECT (ZECREP)
RECRUITMENT OF THE CBR FOCAL PERSON
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Zambia Enhanced Community Based Rehabilitation Program (ZECREP) Project is aimed at working towards improving the quality of life of children with disabilities in Zambia by 2030. It is run by Cheshire Homes Society of Zambia (CHSZ) through its local implementing partners, Archie Hinchcliffe Disability Intervention (AHDI) Lusaka, Twatasha Disabled and OVC Organisation in Kafue, and Holy Family Centre in Monze; with support from Liliane Foundation (LF).
It seeks applications from suitably qualified individuals to help the project attain its goal, one in each project area (Lusaka, Kafue and Monze). The deadline for applications is Tuesday 13th September 2022 at 17:00 hours. They will work full time, report to the Project Officers and the contractual period is one year renewable till 2024.
JOB TITLE: COMMUNITY BASED REHABILITATION FOCAL POINT PERSON (X3)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The mission of the CBR Focal Persons is to maintain and promote the smooth and efficient daily implementation of the Zambia Enhanced CBR Response Programme (ZECREP) project. The CBR Focal Persons will work with volunteers, children and youths with cerebral palsy and others with allied conditions, and their parents. She/he will use a variety of techniques and therapies in the treatment and rehabilitation of the clients. The CBR focal persons will be master trainers in functional rehabilitation, CBR and disability inclusion. They will work in close cooperation with administrative staff especially the Project officer to manage the implementation of the project. Job
In close coordination with the Project Officers, the CBR Focal persons will be responsible for:
1. Training and monitoring CBR field workers
2. Ensuring that appropriate paper technology projects run effectively
3. Facilitating Development of Action plans for the trickle down of the training to 12 field workers in each project.
4. Working with children and youths with a variety of conditions
5. Keeping reports on clients and their progress
6. Liaising with other healthcare professionals to encourage a holistic approach to CBR/CBID interventions
7. Conducting home visits to children with disabilities and their families
8. Collecting statistics and Writing reports
9. Developing and building capacities of parents of children with disabilities and offer technical skills.
Essential other requirements:
1. Ability to speak and communicate in local language applicable to the project area is a must.
2. Experience in working in the community and with volunteers
3. Facilitation skills
4. Experience in working with multiple stakeholders
5. At least 3 years experience working in the field of disability, rehabilitation and development.
6. Ability to work with rural and vulnerable communities
7. Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English).
8. Excellent interpersonal skills.
9. Able to work in a team environment.
10. Experience in managing institutional donor funds.
11. Ability to work with minimal supervision and ready to work outside normal work hours.
12. Good understanding of budgets and financial management.
13. Excellent computer skills.
Diploma in Physiotherapy, and having Degree is an added advantage. A certificate in Community Based Rehabilitation is an advantage.
Method of Application
Residents of the respective areas are encouraged to submit their applications in their localities for logistical convenience. Applicants must submit their credentials, that is CV and cover letter to the following Email Addresses in the respective areas:
Archie Hinchcliffe Disability Intervention
Holy Family Centre Monze.
Twatasha Disabled and OVC Organisation