Republic of Zambia
Ministry of Health
PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICE,
P.O. Box 510023, Hospital Road, Chipata, Zambia.
Tele: 260-216-221513 Fax: 260-216-221219rsast
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTERST (EOI) TO CONDUCT AN END-LINE EVALUATION OF THE HIV EPIDEMIC CONTROL PROJECT IN EASTERN PROVINCE UNDER THE US PRESIDENT’S EMERGENCY PLAN FOR AIDS RELIEF (PEPFAR)
REFERENCE No. EOI /01/EPHO/CDC/FY5/2021-2022
The Eastern Provincial Health Office (EPHO), a government department under the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Zambia, is implementing a five (5) years HIV project titled “Increasing the Capacity of Provincial Health Offices to implement comprehensive and Sustainable HIV Prevention, Treatment, Care and Support Services under the President’s Emergence Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)”. The project is being implemented in Eastern Province through a Cooperative Agreement (CA) with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The project period is from October 1, 2017 through to September 30, 2022.
The purpose of the project is to provide comprehensive financial and technical assistance support of EPHO for overall leadership and oversight for implementation of core HIV combination prevention, care and treatment services including clinical and laboratory services in all districts (14) and sites in Eastern Province. The project serves to strengthen capacity development activities at site and above site levels while providing optimal health systems performance in support of continued and sustainable HIV epidemic control in the Eastern Province of the Republic of Zambia.
Specifically, the project endeavors to achieve the following long-term (five-year) general objectives:
1) Reduce HIV related morbidity and mortality among People Living with HIV (PLHIV) in the Eastern Province of the Republic of Zambia.
2) Reduce new transmission of HIV in the Eastern Province of the Republic of Zambia.
3) Reduce the prevalence of HIV in the Eastern Province of the Republic of Zambia.
4) Reduce incidence of HIV in the Eastern Province of the Republic of Zambia.
5) Achieve optimal Health Workforce Performance.
6) Establish functional Quality Improvement Systems in the province.
7) Establish epidemiological data for description of HIV prevalence and incidence in the province.
2.0: PURPOSE OF THE END-LINE EVALUATION
The end line evaluation will seek to provide documented evidence of changes brought about by the project and promising practices which can be adopted for future programming. It will serve as an important accountability for EPHO and its partners for the purpose of identifying the extent to which the project objectives were achieved. The endline evaluation will be based on the following criterium evaluation criteria (Relevance, Impact, Effectiveness, Efficiency and Sustainability, Coverage & replicability, Quality, and coherence).
3.0: OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE END-LINE EVALUATION.
The final project evaluation aims to assess the progress made towards the achievement of the overall and specific objectives based on the project proposal, current data, and direct observation; as well as to identify gaps and lessons learned.
The end of program evaluation will have the following specific objectives:
a) Impact – To assess the impact of the project’s interventions qualitatively and quantitatively, focusing on the extent to which participating in project activities has changed or not changed peoples’ lives
b) Appropriateness – were the interventions appropriate according to the needs and practices of the target population?
c) Effectiveness & efficiency: Have the activities been carried out as originally planned and were the resources used efficiently? Efficiency should include an analysis of Value for Money: understand the cost drivers of the project and assess to what level the project demonstrated maximum effectiveness, efficiency, and economy.
d) Review the theory of change set at project inception.
e) Quality: Are the beneficiaries satisfied with the quality of services? Is the project implemented according to the Government standards and policies? To what extent did the project address cross cutting issues?
f) Coverage & replicability: To what extent did the project activities reach the specific target population? Are the interventions replicated in the communities?
g) Sustainability: How are we ensuring sustainability of the project interventions?
h) Coherence: How well does the intervention fit? The compatibility of the intervention with other interventions in the province.
4.0: SCOPE OF WORK
1) Design the appropriate methodology and approach for the evaluation. This will include the design of analytical approaches, survey locations, sample size, target groups and relevant questionnaires to address the questions in project Evaluation and Performance Measurement Plan.
2) Prepare and present the inception report for the assignment detailing how the consultant will go about in the execution of the work.
3) The consultant will be responsible for fully managing and designing enumerators’ TOR and identifying enumerators with adequate competencies to fulfill the respective TOR.
4) Finalize all outcome study enumerator training agendas and modules. The research team will share the draft guidance for any contextualization needed and will complete the final technical review.
5) Prepare all outcome study training and field data collection logistics in coordination with EPHO.
6) Train enumerators on how to utilize the outcome study’s tools based on training agenda and modules agreed with EPHO. Training will include piloting the data collection tools.
7) Identify and facilitate the enumerators’ entering the quantitative data collected for the outcome study using agreed-upon data entry forms determined in consultation with EPHO.
8) Identify and facilitate the enumerators’ entering and translating the qualitative data for the outcome study collected using agreed-upon data entry forms determined in consultation with EPHO.
9) Clean qualitative and quantitative data sets entered for the outcome study.
10) Conduct preliminary analyses of qualitative and/or quantitative data for the outcome study as per agreement with EPHO using the data analysis plan.
11) Maintain good data quality during the survey. EPHO will work with the consultant to ensure that the consultant meets their deliverables.
12) The consultant will draft the final report, including an executive summary, incorporating comments from EPHO; and include a final PowerPoint presentation of 20-25 slides to summarize the report. The consultant will also prepare and present the report in a dissemination seminar.
5.0: PROPOSED PAYMENT PLAN
SN/ Deliverable /Percent
1 Inception Report – 20%
2 Data Collection – 30%
3 Draft Report – 20%
4 Final Report – 30%
6.0: QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
The prospective consultant can be an organization or a consortium of consultants organized in one legal entity. In any of the cases, the consultant must meet the following minimum qualifications and experience:
1) Master’s Degree in Public Health, Demography, Statistics, or social sciences with five (5) years’ experience in similar undertakings or Bachelor Degree with accompanying ten (10) years’ experience.
2) At least 10 years’ experience working in the health sector in Zambia and HIV/AID programs.
3) Must demonstrate national expertise and leadership.
4) Excellent communication in English and a local vernacular
5) Superb collaboration skills to work with a diverse set of partners, especially with Zambian stakeholders
6) Must be a national or resident of Southern Africa
The proposals shall be evaluated in three stages as follows;
1. Preliminary Evaluation
2. Technical Evaluation and
3. Commercial/ Financial Evaluation
Preliminary Requirements for Evaluation
Legal Registration Certificate (PACRA or equivalent)
Valid ZRA – General Tax Clearance Certificate
Indication that the bid is valid for 90 days
Submission of original copy of Technical and Commercial /Financial Proposals
At least three (3) samples of reports for similar works conducted in the last five years.
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) of Key staff to be engaged in the assignment.
The Consultants shall submit ONE (1) ORIGINAL Technical Proposal and Three (3) copies of each.
Commercial /Financial Evaluation
All costs shall be expressed in Zambian Kwacha.
Each activity to be costed separately.
Total contract Sum to be shown.
The Consultants shall submit ONE (1) ORIGINAL Financial proposal and Three (3) copies of each.
Submission of proposals – 7th to 16th September, 2022
Assignment Days – 35 Days.
8.0 DATA CONFIDENTIALITY
The consultant is expected to maintain highest levels of confidentiality throughout the process and treat with utmost confidentiality, all sources of information.
Accordingly, the consultant is prohibited from sharing any project information intentionally or otherwise with any external party without the express authority from the client.
9.0 HOW TO APPLY
EPHO now invites prospective consultants to apply for ‘’Consultancy Services’’ and may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from Monday to Friday between 08:00 – 13:00 hours and between 14:00 – 17:00 hours local time.
Hard copy submission of Expression of Interest clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE END-LINE EVALIATION OF THE HIV EPIDEMIC CONTROL PROJECT IN EASTERN PROVINCE UNDER THE US PRESIDENT’S EMERGENCY PLAN FOR AIDS RELIEF (PEPFAR) must be delivered and deposited in the tender box located at Eastern Provincial Health Office, Hospital Road, Plot 678, Chipata – Zambia. Interested consultants must submit one (01) Original and three (03) Copies of the Expression of Interest to the address below not later than Friday, 16th September, 2022 at 14:00 hours local time. The proposals will be opened immediately thereafter closing in the conference room at Eastern Provincial Health Office in the presence of the consultants or their representatives who choose to attend.
Procurement and Supplies Office
Eastern Provincial Health Office
PO Box 510023, Hospital Road, CHIPATA
Tel: 260-216-221513 Fax: 260-216-221219
Email to: [email protected] and copy to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Application email or URL: