Facility Strategic Information-Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Kafue, Zambia, Full Time Applications have closed
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identify is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and commitment to serving those in need. Since 2000 CRS Zambia has been implementing a number of programmes to support vulnerable communities in Zambian. Recent programming areas include: nutrition, agriculture, food security, HIV/AIDS, WASH, financial inclusion, and early child development.
Reporting to the Strategic Information/Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, the M&E Officer will work closely with the facility manager (in-charge) and the ART Coordinator to ensure a functional strategic information system that responds to the project outcomes, through project indicator tracking, generation of program report, capture of data related to patient care and all other HIV/AIDS services into the SmartCare electronic medical records system for reporting as well as coordinate activities for quality data and information that is ideal for decision making.
S/He will perform all necessary functions and obligations as defined and delegated by these supervising officers.
He/she will be required to perform the following duties:
1. Ensure and verify that all patient interactions in patient charts/files are correctly entered in Smartcare.
2. Verify that data in registers for HIV/AIDS services (ART, HTC, PMTCT) in the health facilities are in SmartCare
3. Perform frequent back of Smartcare (TDB and Database) data at health facility.
4. Enter all missing patient interactions (ie Lab, Clinical, and Pharmacy) into Smartcare
5. Update the SmartCare database for patients seen on a daily basis.
6. Update HIV/Care cards for all activities and events for clinic days
7. Write events in the registers (i.e Pre-ART, ART).
8. Manage patient files on day to day basis for easy retrieval.
9. Conduct triangulation and data quality audit activities for all data entered in SmartCare and other source document to ensure completeness and accuracy before report submission.
10. Consolidate daily, weekly, monthly project reports and ensure timely submission to project in-country Headquarters
11. Perform any other HIV-related data collection duties as assigned by the in-charge of the health facility and/or EpiC 3-90 SI Advisor/Associates.
Qualifications and experience
The candidate is expected to satisfy the following:
Computer literate with experience in using MS Access and Excel
Knowledge of Smartcare HMIS
Knowledge of standard SmartCare HIV/AIDS forms i.e Clinical follow up, Short visit, pharmacy forms
Two to three years SmartCare data entry experience
SmartCare Essentials Certificate Experience working with MS Access, Excel and Word
Basic SmartCare and computer troubleshooting skills
Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
Strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking capacity and skills
Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Strategic Information, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, M&E/ IT Associates, clinical teams and operation team
External: District Health Information Officer and partner health facilities, Government of Zambia Ministry of Health and HIV/AIDS agencies, PEPFAR implementing partners and other stakeholders.
Agency-wide competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
Serves with integrity
Cultivates constructive relationships
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Important Note: By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicant Instructions: Please email a cover letter, and curriculum vitae which should include three references to: email@example.com. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 02nd January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.