Field Expert at Synergy Seeds Zambia
Choma, Full Time
Synergy Seeds Zambia
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Synergy seeds Zambia is seeking to recruit an experienced and suitably qualified individual to fill position of Field Expert in Choma under the Sales Department.
LOCATION: CHOMA CONTRACT DURATION: PERMANENT AND PENSIONABLE PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The job holder shall be responsible for demand creation activities (training & demonstration) of the Synergy products in the region as well as coordinating, managing, selling, and promoting Synergy products to all assigned existing customer portfolios in the target areas. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Regional Manager Southern Province.
– Sales target attainment, through demand creation of the Synergy products
– Identification and management of Synergy demonstrations/trial plots in the assigned areas
– Train and develop target farmers/Agro dealers on Synergy products
– Execute technical, sales and marketing activities including merchandising
– Demand creation for the Synergy products to farmers and all assigned Agro dealers
– Selecting sites for installation] of demo plots/trials
– Organizing and attending of field days and agriculture shows in the designated areas
– Manage customer complaints emanating from use of Synergy products
– Manage and ensure growth of assigned Agro dealers
– Create demand with agents and connect agents to Agro dealers/distributors for product fulfilment
– Share demand plan with the Regional Manager and Operations team on a weekly basis
– Manage lead farmer network and advice farmers to improve production
Take orders from Agro dealers/rural agents and organize and coordinate delivery of products
– Ensure all customers are handled and serviced within accepted Synergy policy and sta]ndards
– Monitor and report competitor activities actions
– Build good relationship with local NGO representatives and officials
– Provide timely response and reports to Regional Manager
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCE REQUIREMENTS:
– Degree/Diploma in agriculture
– Minimum 3-5 years experience in relevant role
CRITICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– In-field technical experience
– Experience in marketing & selling in the agriculture industry a plus
– Keen demonstrated strengths in unquestionable integrity and trustworthiness.
– Experience in working in multinational organizations with emphasis on communicating and decision making with demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
– Good understanding of local agriculture industry, the agri-business
– Business acumen
– Hold critical internal & external crop expertise across a range of agronomic conditions
– In-depth crop and product knowledge-labelled and actual use patterns ability to advice
– Competitor product knowledge
– Basic computer skills especially MS packages
Method of Application
All Interested applicants should send their applications (Cover Letters and CVs) to by 16th September 2022. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.