With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
1. Build the Capacity of project staff and partners in Gender Equality Social Disability Inclusion (GESDI) in Livelihood activities.
2. Support GESDI assessments during project design to ensure findings are taken into consideration forming key interventions responding to the identified gaps
3. Participate in Policy reviews and identify gaps that affect women, youth, and other vulnerable groups from benefiting from natural resources.
4. Together with project staff ensure beneficiary selection takes into consideration women youth and vulnerable groups.
5. Work closely with GESDI Advisor to design tools and other materials for the project to ensure WEE/GESDI is mainstreamed in the project and impact is captured and reported.
6. Conduct project monitoring visits to project sites for quality assurance as women, youths and vulnerable participants participate in various interventions.
7. Engage with M&E specialist to monitor outcomes/ impact related to women & youth progression towards achieving set objectives. 35
1. Support planning of Women, youth, and other targeted marginalized groups’ activities during annual, quarterly, and monthly planning meetings
2. Conduct quarterly reviews with all project implementing sites to monitor progress towards achieving set objectives.
3. Follow closely field-level plans for Development Facilitators and support with key interventions.
4. Attend national level Technical working group meetings related to natural resources management and influence women and youth involvement.
5. Facilitate staff & partner training in GESDI activities and other Livelihood activities within the value chains of focus.
6. Support staff orientation and team-building initiatives of technical staff through coaching and mentoring for enhanced competency.
7. Integrate GESDI initiatives into activity implementation and ensure gender inclusiveness and participation of youths in the project 25
Monitoring & Evaluation
1. Conduct periodic Data Quality Assurance (DQA) to ensure capturing of data on women, youth, and other vulnerable groups as per project requirements.
2. Support the M&E team and Development Facilitators to conduct baseline and evaluation processes of the project to measure the status, impact, and scale of GESDI interventions
The preferred candidate must:
Be an honest and accountable person with resources
Be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Attend and participate and lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
Degree in development studies, Gender studies, or any other related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
At least 3 years working in the area of Livelihood with a lot of focus on GESDI.
Experience in Project Management in a complex, international organization preferably in an NGO context will be an added advantage.
Knowledge in M&E and gender mainstreaming and associated indicators and outcome areas with funded projects from various donors.
Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring, report writing, and publishing project materials.
Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, decision making, conflict management,
Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
Computer literate in statistical packages including Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based 50%: field 50%
Travel: Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional/global meetings as required.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
Application email or URL: