General Manager – Manufacturing & Logistics
Company Name: Kemcore Zambia Ltd
General Manager – Manufacturing and Logistics
The overall development, performance and maintenance of the organisation’s manufacturing and logistics activities to obtain the maximum efficiency, quality, service and profitability for the organisation.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the manufacturing facility and logistics functions and has full responsibility for the company’s profitability. The General Manager must have a hands-on approach to management plans, guides, and directs the plant operations to achieve plant objectives in safety, quality, production output, delivery and customer satisfaction.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
JOB DESCRIPTION: MANUFACTURING
· manage the manufacturing element of the organisation ensuring high quality business activities with maximum efficiency, service and profitability for the organisation.
· ensuring that the team understands that the organisation’s profits and achievements are reflected in all its operations and activities – including relationships and risk management
· maintain and improve mechanisms for manufacturing and all organisation activities, including surveying and measuring the manufacturing operations, process, outcomes and profitability and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities
· Control of all operational aspects including; revenue growth, profit, operations & production, quality, plant production development, health & safety, finance and compliance within assigned
JOB DESCRIPTION: LOGISTICS
Ensure customer/vendor contract requirements are administered and enforced
· Ensure fleet operates to the agreed upon performance standards and standard operating procedures
· Execution of workshop action plans, projects and best practice sharing / implementation
· Develop/achieve agreed budget, revenue, profit (P&L) for Kemcore Zambia fleet operations
· Monitor service levels to ensure that performance statistics meet customer/ vendor, contractual requirements
· Take an active role in site workload planning and volume forecasting (i.e. staffing, equipment, space)
· Oversee the cost-effective management of all outsourced transportation service in consistence with budgeted levels of costs.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PLANNING AND STRATEGY
· assist in the development and preparation of the strategy and general business planning of the organisation as a whole.
· From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
· Provides information to various corporate personnel in a timely manner, including daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements and other ad hoc information requests.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
Provide a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for associates
· Manage all company policies, including safety, production, quality, sales, human resources, customer service and accounting policies.
· Oversees all employee management, while being a champion for safety at the facility.
· Develop and nurture a dynamic and competent workforce through a robust performance driven culture. Coach and develop staff to build high performing teams. Assigns stretch assignments to further train and enhance staff development.
· Promotes cross training to optimize workforce, ensures functional coverage, reduce labour costs, and supports succession planning.
The role is part of the whole organisation team and as such requires you to perform such reasonable tasks that are required, as and when necessary, to maintain, promote, develop and expand the business of our organisation and its interests generally.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
Proven working experience as a General Manager
People oriented and results driven
Extensive experience in a manufacturing environment
Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
In-depth knowledge of labour law and Human Resources best practices
Hons/Master’s degree in chemical engineering/metallurgy/production management and/or MBA
Minimum 7-10 years in senior management
Management of a medium sized organisation with complexity
Should have detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and Project Management applications.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
1. Applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae only at this stage with three traceable referees to [email protected]
2. Any application delivered by hand or sent to any other email apart from the one provided here will not be considered.
3. Do not send copies of qualifications at this stage.
4. The subject line of the email should indicate the position being applied for.
5. The closing date for applications is 13th April 2023. Applications submitted after that date shall not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.