Human Resource Manager at Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
Lusaka, Full Time
Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Zambia
The Mission of the Lusaka Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (LWSC) is to provide quality water and sanitation services to customers in Lusaka Province in a commercially and environmentally sustainable manner. In order to achieve this, the Company must ensure that a pipeline of staff with the right knowledge, skills and abilities are available as required. LWSC now seeks to recruit a dynamic and energetic person who is performance driven, and invites suitably qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the vacant position of Manager Human Resources and Administration on a three-year fixed term contract:
I. JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the Director Human Resources and Administration, the Manager Human Resources and Administration will be responsible for the day to day management of human capital, employee relations and development functions in order to promote productivity and sound industrial relations in the Company.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
i. Manage the recruitment and placement of skilled staff according to the Establishment to facilitate the operations of the Company.
ii. Interpret and implement the terms and conditions of service for staff members;
iii. Effectively manage the maintenance and updating of the Human Resources Information System.
iv. Timely coordinate the compilation of individual annual performance appraisal in the Company in order to facilitate the assessment of job performance.
v. Coordinate and implement training and development programmes for employees, ensuring that training and capacity development programmes address employees skills gaps.
vi. Manage talent management processes and procedures for staff in order to maintain a viable talent pipeline to meet the companys current and future business needs.
vii. Plan, organise and execute programmes for the induction and onboarding of new recruits.
viii. Manage annual process regarding research, communication, reporting and analysis of compensation programs.
ix. Promote good industrial relations in the company through effective interpretation of HR policies, collective agreements and general conditions of service, and liaise with the union in accordance with the recognition and collective agreement.
x. Administration of disciplinary cases and investigate any grievances by employees and take necessary action to address these in close liaison with respective line managers and the Director- Human Resources and Administration ensuring compliance to in line with rules of nature justice are followed.
xi. Oversee staff welfare through effective coordination of medical facilities, funerals, canteens and conducive working environment.
xii. Manage contracts for service providers for such services as cleaning, Group Life Assurance etcetera, and ensure effective implementation by monitoring compliance.
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology or Business Administration or related field from a recognized University/ Institution.
2. Full Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management (ZIHRM).
3. Masters degree in Human Resources Management or Industrial Psychology or related field from a recognized University/Institution is an added advantage
4. More than 7 years of experience in Human Resources out of which at least 3 years should be at management level in a human capital or human resources position in a reputable organization.
IV. SKILLS SPECIFICATION
1. Highly developed leadership, management, and work planning skills;
2. High analytical business acumen and exemplary work ethics;
3. Expert knowledge of labour laws;
4. People management and talent management skills;
5. Ability to analyze major causes of industrial conflicts & persistent disciplinary breaches, as well as factors positively or negatively contributing to the industrial relations climate in the organization;
6. Ability to work under pressure and ability to deal with highly sensitive material; and,
7. Excellent communication and people skills.
V. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Inclusiveness and tolerance,
LWSC values the provision of equal employmen