Location: Head Office
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Staff reporting to: HR and Administrative Assistants
Purpose of the job
Under the general supervision of the CEO, the incumbent is responsible for developing and coordinating the implementation of human resource (HR) and administrative policies and strategies and ensure that ZGF is staffed with adequately qualified and motivated staff and supported by effective and efficient administrative processes to create a productive workplace.
1. Formulates an HR strategy, policies and practice that enables ZGF to attract and maintain the right numbers and quality of staff required for the effective and efficient maintenance and utilization of human capital.
2. Collaborates with end users to understand ZGF goal and strategies to identify short-, medium- and long-term human resource requirements and develop plans and implement actions to address any shortfall.
3. Monitors and ensures that ZGF is following labour laws and other statutory requirements; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
4. Provides and administers all human capital management and development issues involving managing activities such as job design, recruitment, compensation and benefits, disciplinary issues, employee relations, performance management and talent management.
5. Analyses and describes new jobs and revises job descriptions for jobs that have been approved for review to ensure equity in grading and remuneration.
6. Promotes corporate values, shaping and nurturing a positive culture and working environment and maintain a high-performance environment characterized by ethical performance and strong team orientation.
7. Provides professional technical support and advice to ZGF executive and operatives to ensure that decisions made in the management of HR are within the applicable labour laws and reflect good human resource management practice.
8. Ensures that all staff are appraised correctly on a timely basis using the approved performance management system and that appraisal recommendations are implemented.
9. Ensures that training and development initiatives are driven by organisational and individual needs directly linked to performance; that training is provided by credible institutions or individual service providers.
10. Manages all administrative services (transport, etc.) available within ZGF.
11. Manages procurement of goods and services to ensure value for money.
12. Keeps abreast of developments in area of specialty and adheres to the ethics code of the profession.
13. Participates fully in performance and other organisation-wide management practices as required.
14. Performs any other related duties that the supervisor may reasonably request from time to time.
Education and training: Appropriate master’s degree in HR management or business administration with bias towards HR management; member of Zambia Institute for Human Resource Management.
Relevant experience: At least six (6) years preferably 3 years of which should be in NGO sector.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org