Operations Support Officer
Company Name: Garda World Zambia
GardaWorld Zambia is an international security company is currently one of the fast growing private security companies in Zambia providing world class security services to most business entities mainly in Lusaka, Copperbelt and other provinces.
We are seeking to recruit an euthusiastic and energetic business operations officer to join the HR department.This role report to the country HR manager or their designate.
Contact and Cooperation
Internally: Executive Directors,Regional Country Managers,all HODs and office colleagues.
Externally: Hotels,Suppliers,Immigration office,Travel Agents,Landlords,Clients and Africa regional office.
Job Summary: As Operations Support Officer,you will provide administrative and operational support for efficient running of the organisation.The role also provides administrative support to the Executive in an efficient and effective manner and is the point of contact for country managers and Garda World employees seeking any form of assistance in Zambia.
1. Manage and maintain the MD’s diary, arrange routine and ad hoc meetings as required coordinating every aspect of the busy calendar, which is subject to regular changes. Conduct weekly diary meetings with the MD to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests;
2. Administer MD’s correspondence, manage incoming calls, and prioritize phone messages, emails and mail. This includes filing of correspondence/documents to/from the MD.
3. Handles all calls, visitors and queries directed to the MD and directing them to the appropriate persons when necessary. Act as point of contact for the regional managers for any pertaining to the MD;
4. Create and maintain effective filing systems, maintain and update accurate executive records using the diary, mail and computer databases;
5. Oversee the MD’s office, providing comprehensive support services that ensure a professional, responsive and effective experience with the organization as a whole;
6. Provide support to all Senior Executives during their visits to Zambia. This includes ticketing and accommodation arrangements for senior staff, regional managers and visiting staff from GardaWorld.
7. Organise appointments, meetings and office social functions which may include collating meeting papers, coordinating venues and arranging travel itineraries for Group staff;
8. Secretariat function for Group and BOD meetings including compiling agendas, distribution of documents, receive and respond to general correspondence from participants. Take, prepare and distribute of management meeting minutes;
9. Maintain confidential/personnel records using discretion and initiative. This includes updating leave records for the MD;
10. Place orders and other administrative request for the MD
11. Perform such duties as assigned by the all Managers.
12. Oversee the maintenance of the office including furniture repairs, painting, landscaping and grounds ensuring that office facilities are operational at all times. Work in liaison with the relevant department to ensure maintenance requests are attended to in a timely manner;
13. Manage the company’s central filing system to ensure that all documents are properly filed and easily accessible. Coordinate of client/personnel files to/from the archives while ensuring proper records are maintained.
14. Manage the administration of corporate stationery including Business cards, Company Ids and Documentation;
15. Support new staff during on boarding, organising their workstation, ID card, furniture, mobile phone, PC/IT requirements, desk phone, stationery etc.
16. Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements for senior staff. This includes supporting staff in application and renewal of Visas, negotiate hotel rates and troubleshooting logistics problems for staff on travel;
17. Responsible for timely application and follow ups to obtain the office trade licences. Coordinate with other branches on renewal of business licences and other relevant licences for Garda World offices in Zambia.
18. Manage company utility bills working to ensure all utility bills are paid on time to avoid disconnection;
19. Prepare internal requisitions through NAV and follow-up that LPOs have been processed and services from suppliers provided. Organising for timely supply of office requirements i.e. replenishment, repairs, and replacements;
20. Manage and supervise administration and maintenance staff ensuring health and safety standards are observed during performance of maintenance duties; and
21. Monitor, respond or direct emails that are received in the company inbox, to the appropriate persons as necessary
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.