Lusaka, Zambia, Full Time
Reporting to Utility Manager, the Utility Operator plays a critical role in day-to-day operations of the entire Utilities section. This includes the control of manpower, machine-man power utilization, maintaining hygiene on the shop floor, quality of production, sanitization and bulk loading and unloading of materials.
1. Monitor and control manpower plan for production planning requirements
2. Under the direction of the Utility Manager Operate and maintain boilers, chillers, compressors, ETP plant, Water treatment plant and associated equipment on campus.
3. Under the guidance of the Utility Manager perform maintenance and preventive maintenance on campus heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment such as AHU.
4. Operate, and monitor boilers, and related equipment.
5. Operate, maintain, and monitor chillers, large air conditioning units, and related equipment.
6. Monitor the performance of campus equipment through the computerized energy management system, take corrective action, and report problems to proper authority.
7. Perform preventive maintenance and repair of high-pressure steam boilers, chillers, utility distribution systems, and utility equipment.
8. Make rounds on campus, note deficiencies, take corrective actions, and complete operator logs.
9. May respond to calls from supervisor or facilities service desk dispatcher regarding environmental concerns and correct problems.
10. Relieve other Plant Operators as needed and assume all duties of that shift.
11. Perform pipefitting work as needed.
12. May purchase supplies for individual jobs.
13. Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance on all HVAC and mechanical equipment including belt changes, lubrication of equipment, cleaning, pump repair, system analysis, air filter changes, coil cleaning, etc.
14. Request parts and materials from supervisor. Complete work order tickets, materials/services request forms, leave request forms, inspection reports, log sheets, and other required paper work.
15. Assists in the training of others as needed in all areas.
16. Read, interpret, and follow blueprints, shop drawings, and schematics.
17. Must be able to work safely in varying temperature extremes since equipment is often located on roof tops and other unconditioned spaces. Safely work off ladders, scaffolding, platforms, and other types of lifts. Must be able to work independently, with little supervision. Must perform all work in a safe and professional manner.
18. Supervise the utilization of manpower.
19. Maintain the hygiene level of plant as per company policy.
20. Control quality of product including items related to batch code, weight of product, hygiene, wastage control, sweeping plan etc.
21. Maintain clean and safe equipment and work area
22. Manage and control all inventory on shop floor
23. Maintain food safety standards, personnel hygiene and PPE for all staff.
24. Day to day recording of production data
25. Day to day coordination with production/shift manager to optimize machine utilization.
26. Motivate team to increase efficiency of manpower and machinery.
27. Maintain overall sanitization of plant.
1. Minimum of 3 years, preferably in the FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) industry.
2. Education Level: Grade 12 certificates, Diploma
3. Qualifications: Diploma and/or degree in Production Management or relevant field
4. Good knowledge of Microsoft office.
5. Good Command in English Language, Nyanja and Bemba
6. Abilities: proven abilities of a quality supervisor background.
7. Personality: Self-motivated, Completing tasks on Time.
For all interested candidates, please email a CV and relevant qualifications to [email protected] with “Utility Operator” in the subject line. Please also fill the Assessment survey here.