Lusaka, Zambia, Contract
Beit CURE Hospital is a children’s charity hospital founded by a Christian Mission Organization, CURE International. We specialize in the surgical treatment of disabilities in Orthopaedics and ENT. Position Details:
Position Title: Orthopaedic Surgeon
Reports to: Medical Director
This position will be responsible for the delivery of a high standard of medical care together with excellent customer service at Beit CURE Hospital. He/she provide high quality clinical care to orthopaedic patients of Beit CURE Hospital.
Key skill requirements / competencies
1. To provide quality medical care within the Orthopaedic team under the supervision of the orthopaedic consultants.
2. Contribute to quality patient care by participation in case planning which includes appropriate pre-admission planning, in-hospital care and discharge planning
3. To attend ward rounds and conduct day to day review of patients, supporting and leading the nursing team for management of orthopaedic patients
4. To join the Ponseti clubfoot clinic
5. To attend and contribute to the medical team meetings
6. To ensure comprehensive, accurate and concise medical records are maintained for patients with an appropriate signed and dated legible entry in the patient’s medical record on every attendance upon a patient. The orthopaedic surgeon should also print his/her name under the signature
7. Follow the instructions of consultants for their specific regime for each individual patient.
8. To arrange investigations, surgical treatment, medical treatment and discharge as directed by the Consultant to which assigned
9. To provide assistance with surgical procedures and outpatient clinics as directed by the Consultant
10. To be completely familiar with emergency equipment and procedures
11. To ensure that discharge summaries and other correspondence are completed with minimum delay and that all such correspondence is complete prior to leaving the unit
12. Maintain good communications with all areas and disciplines within the health service and with local medical facilities to ensure the smooth and effective operation of the hospital
13. Participate in clinical audit and quality programs as appropriate
14. To be “on-call” or participate in shift rosters
1. Manage the administrative requirements of the hospital and patient care including ensuring discharge summaries and medico-legal correspondence are completed with minimal delay.
2. Be aware of and adhere to all Beit CURE hospital policies and procedures.
1. To participate in clinical meetings that are undertaken by the clinical unit where stationed
2. To participate in continual professional improvement, medical education and JHO Education Programs
3. To participate in clinical meetings that are undertaken by the clinical unit where stationed
4. To participate in undergraduate teaching of medical students
5. Assist with case presentations at teaching meetings where necessary
1. Medical degree from a recognized medical institution.
2. Completed an accredited residency in Orthopaedic surgery
3. Must be registered and licensed with the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ).
4. Full Grade Twelve Certificate with minimum 6 Credits
5. At least 1 year experience in a private or hospital practice
6. Sober, Honesty, High levels of confidentiality, Self starter, able to work odd hours.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Fluency in English and national language(s) of respective country.
2. Demonstration of a mature Christian faith.
All Applications to be submitted via email to: [email protected]
Please indicate position applied for in the subject matter failure to which may disadvantage you to be shortlisted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Beit CURE Hospital
Plot No. 34872a Great North Road
Closing date for applications is 29th April 2022