VACANCY – PROCUREMENT OFFICER
A company in the hospitality industry, specialising in conferencing, events, restaurants and rooms, is looking to hire a Procurement Officer.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill this position.
Reporting to the Finance Manager and Operations Controller, the Procurement officer is responsible for planning for and purchasing of the company stocks.
Key Performance Areas
1. Preparing purchase orders based on properly authorised stock requisitions.
2. Ensuring that purchase orders are approved before issuing to suppliers
3. Making purchase plans to facilitate adequate stockholding and efficient purchases
4. Reviewing the quality of purchased goods according to the user needs.
5. Maintaining an updated record of purchased products and delivery information and invoices.
6. Analysing price changes on a weekly basis so as to minimise costs.
7. Arranging for suppliers delivery of goods to our door step.
8. Arranging credit facilities with suppliers.
9. Monitoring the trend of business to ensure that extra costs are minimised, by avoiding over buying.
10. Maintaining an imprest system, where all invoices and cash are retired within set deadlines.
11. Timely processing of invoices in the procurement system.
12. Liaising with the Stores Officer on a daily basis on the re-order and par levels.
a) Degree or Diploma in purchasing and supplies
b) Must be a member of chartered institute of purchasing and supplies
Must have at least two to three years working experience in a well-established organisation.
a) Able to use any procurement systems
b) Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
c) Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
d) Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
e) Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
f) Excellent documentation, communication and excel Knowledge.
The successful candidate will be appointed on a fixed term contract of one (1) year, renewable subject to performance. On offer is an attractive remuneration package which is competitive with similar companies.
Applications should be submitted by 16 January 2022.
This is an equal opportunity employer and both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply. For details and how to apply, kindly apply to [email protected]
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org