Company Name: ACDI/VOCA
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development, and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil societies. ACDI/VOCA has approximately 34 projects in 19 countries and total revenues of approximately $128 million.
ACDI/VOCA is currently implementing a five-year program entitled “Enterprise Development and Growth Enhanced (EDGE) Activity” in Zambia funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The aim of the Zambia EDGE Activity is to increase the profitability for agricultural small and medium enterprises (SMEs) by addressing their key investment constraints on access to finance, limited business management skills and technology, and access to markets, thereby increasing SMEs’ productivity and ability to create new jobs in Zambia.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking experienced and talented professionals for the Project Assistant position. The position is based in Lusaka and will have two primary responsibilities: a) Coordinate and/or manage communication between EDGE, SMEs and Financial Service Providers (FSPs) and other key stakeholders and b) Coordinate capacity building support to SMEs provided by experts, consultants, towards preparation of supporting documents and the submission of application for financing and assist with effective planning, coordination and delivery of meetings, roundtable events, and activities related to EDGE’s Objective 1: Increased Access to Finance for Agricultural SMEs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Assistant is expected to provide a broad range of assistance, including but not limited to, designing, and implementing strategies to increase access and use of finance and investment among Zambian SMEs and ensure that interventions respond to identified market opportunities. Managing partnerships with EDGE’s partner financial service providers (FSP) and SMEs, including maintaining your own network of contacts within Zambia’s financial and business sector. Staying up to date with any progress on EDGE’s investment pipeline via SME engagement. Ensuring that all Objective 1 activities are designed to be inclusive of marginalized populations. Collaborating with other components of the project and staying up to date of progress and ensuring that they’re aware of Objective 1’s progress. Developing project deliverables, including work plans and reports. Other relevant duties as tasked.
Successful candidates will be self-motivated, proactive team players with the right combination of talent, experience, drive and a commitment to relational excellence.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural economics, Finance, Development Studies, or a related field.
2. Preferably, a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar position, sound knowledge in project management, planning and/or coordination. Familiarity with INGO and donor processes and procedures an asset.
3. Good understanding of the financial landscape in Zambia (to be verified at interview)
4. Familiarity with Zambia’s agricultural sector and the typical businesses operating within.
5. Proven ability to manage deadlines, work independently with minimal supervision, submit high-quality work plans, prioritize workload, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
6. Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to listen and help others understand complex ideas.
7. Experience with external communications with a variety of audiences (e.g., from small holder farmers, SMEs, banks, learning institutions and other donor projects), including minute taking, brief reports, formal letters and invitations, etc.
Please submit a resume to [email protected] no later than April 21, 2023. Please include the position title in the subject line. The resume and related application documents shall be provided as a single attachment and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work. Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone or email. Only shortlisted candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to ZambiaRecruitment@acdivoca.org
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.