Project HOPE Zambia Works effectively with partners including various government, corporate and community-based entities.
Provide vision, leadership and oversea all Program administration and financial management of Project HOPE Zambia. Oversees all members of staff representative for Project HOPE Zambia before government authorities, United States government agencies, UN agencies, other NGOs/PVOs, other donor agencies and partners. function main liaison and ensure continuous communication between PHZ, Project HOPE US and country program leadership. Ensure dissemination and compliance with project HOPE Zambia mission statement and guidelines. Direct program development in line with strategy and goals.
· Provide strategic leadership to project HOPE Zambia
· Direct and lead strategic planning for all programs
· Supervise and guide the staff in meeting strategic goals and objectives
· Supervise planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Project HOPE Zambia programs
· Lead integration of all PHN programs, strengthen synergies between program to reinforce organisational outcomes
· Provide strategic leadership to CoPs with reference to the implementation of all programs, including monitoring and evaluation of program activities the performance of quantitative and qualitative programs assessments and evaluations.
· Oversee production of program reports and other program-related communications
· Oversee staff capacity-building and promote staff development
· Oversee production of quarterly and annual narrative program reports, including relevant information like description of activities conducted and planned, lessons learned, problems encountered and opportunities, programs statistics and work plans.
· Participate in program development and writing of project proposals for extension of existing and /or establishment of latest programs in Zambia
· Ensure productive relationships are maintained with all partner organisations which including government entities, corporate partners and other implementing organisations
· Oversee and ensure interdependent collaboration between PHZ and PH-US Administrative and Financial Management Responsibilities Supervise and support National Administrator and accountants for the management of all administrative and financial program aspects. Ensure that all program administration and financial management in country is in line with all applicable procedures and regulations as could also be set by Board, also like regulations and requirements stipulated by respective donor agencies Oversee human resource management, including but not limited to the recruitment of personnel, the event of description, performance appraisals, local salary adjustments and compliance with Zambia labour law and regulations Perform regular supervision visits for administrative visits for administrative oversight of programs outside Lusaka Supervise the finance Director and Accountants for timely production, verification and submission of all monthly financial reports including sub-award monitoring assessment reports. Supervise Finance Director and Accountants to make sure regular budget monitoring to be conducted for all programs. Ensure adequate systems are in situ and followed, regarding program procurements, management and maintenance of project assets, regular inventories, etc. Ensure dissemination and compliance with Project HOPE Zambia’s mission statement, policies and procedures, Accounting Manual and other organisational guidelines Signalise any problems encountered, need for changes in resource requirements, re-alignment of budgets and collaborate with Board on all adjustments required. Representation & Communication: · function the responsible person for ensuring all corporate formalities are followed, all regulatory and government filings are timely made, which the organisation is in the least times in compliance with all local laws, rules and regulations, and every one applicable PH-US policies applicable to PHZ through agreements below · Establish and maintain regular contact with Zambian government authorities. · Participate in relevant NGO/PVO forum and networks, and exchange information with other NGOs · Ensure continuous and adequate communication with local NGOs and other partners under the prevailing programs and explore possibilities for brand spanking new partnership as could also be appropriate for future program extension. · Identify and pursue New Program Development opportunities that fit within the general strategic objectives for PHZ including joint program development efforts with PH-US · Leverage professional relationships and market knowledge to spot and pursue new business opportunities in Zambia, specifically within USAID, US Department of State, CDC, DFID, EU. Major foundations and other international development donors. · Maintain continuous contact, and disseminate relevant reports, up-dates and knowledge to donor representatives and agencies in country (USAID, UNICEF, USAIDS, etc) as needed. · Organise and accompany donor, PH-US or representative from other agencies during field visits to programs. · Maintain continuous contact with PH-US, ensuring that personnel are informed about important program developments and problems with concern to program operations · Support safeguarding of all assets and reputation, including technical, administrative and financial program aspect in Zambia. · Liaise with HOPE offices within the region. · Fulfil other duties and responsibilities as could also be reasonably assigned. REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree or equivalent in health or related medical or science field preferred Minimum 10 years management and technical experience Demonstrate proficiency in leadership, HR and project management, also as strategic planning Demonstrate leadership, organisational, managerial and communication skills Demonstrate proficiency in building relationships with government partners also as private and community organisations Experience with NGOs in Zambia also as Southern/sub-Saharan Africa. Strong communication skills and proven ability to create effective teams Fluency in English also an area language (s) Ability to travel approximately 35% of your time. Demonstrated experience with USAID/CDC/PEPFAR and other bilateral and multilateral public donors
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical demands: Must be mobile in an office environment and ready to use standard office equipment, must be ready to communicate in verbal and written form, must be ready to travel internationally. Work environment: while performing the duties of this job, the worker is exposed to weather prevalent at the time. Typical of office environment with exposure to minimal background level. EEO Statement Project HOPE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all or any employees and qualified applicants for employment without reference to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, or status as a veteran. Project HOPE complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination employed. This policy applies to all or any terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Project HOPE expressly prohibits any sort of unlawful employee harassment supported race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, or status as a veteran. Improper interference with the power of Project HOPE employees to perform their expected job duties isn’t tolerated.