Project Officer- SHG(1)
Lusaka, Zambia, Full Time
PROJECT OFFICER – SHG (1)
REPORT TO: Executive Director
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Community Facilitators
LOCATION: AHDI Offices -Lusaka
To establish good relationships with the parents / guardians of children and youths with disabilities and to mobilize the community to participate in the Self-Help Group approach in close collaboration with the district leaders, CSO’s and other service providers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Mobilizing communities to form/establish, train, monitor Self Help Groups (SHGs) and carrying out different stake-holder’s trainings and
2. Identify stakeholders, orient them about the project and facilitate the promotion of Self-Help Groups (SHG) in all AHDI catchment areas in consultation with the Executive Director.
3. Possess positive attitude of believing in women empowerment particularly the project target
4. Strengthen old SHGs, assess groups for formation of CLAs and support them to start up wise investments in the communities.
5. Build good relationship with parents of children with disabilities and encourage them to attend the PSG within the communities.
6. Work with the CWACs, DDCC and other stake holders in the communities to form / strengthen the CCPC and promote child rights and child protection issues
7. Able to develop an implementation plan in consultation with the Executive Director
8. Able to monitor qualitative and quantitative work of Community Facilitators
9. Actively search for development resources that which is of support to the project target in the community e.g. information. And liaise with other local based groups / organizations / govt structures to assist children with disabilities and their parents/guardians for social, health and educational needs and link them.
10. Build an effective collaborative relationship with the District, other NGOs, CBOs and Local Government structures for smooth project implementation.
11. In collaboration with the supervisor, responds to all inquiries from donors concerning the project.
12. Prepares detailed weekly and Monthly reports on activities and presents to the supervisor for further submission to SHG National – Coordination Office
13. Have capacity to mentor and nurture the CFs in order for them to work under dynamic working environments and be able to lead and build a team of Community Facilitators in project implementation process. (Team worker and builder)
14. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The applicant should hold a diploma in social work or Community Development. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Development studies is an added advantage.
Must have 3 years hands on experience in implementing SHG Approach
At least 3-5 years’ work experience with NGO in programming and communication for children’s rights, in particular related to child protection and education; proven experience with (child rights) advocacy and campaigning is an added advantage.
Strong organizational and supervisory skills with excellent reporting & writing skills.
Strong interpersonal, mobilization, analytical, report writing and communication skills.
An excellent command of verbal and written English.
Good knowledge of Microsoft word and excel.
Must be able to communicate in local language
Track record of work experience in collaboration and networking with partners and stakeholders
Proven ability to perform multi-tasking and ability to work on tight deadlines.
How to apply
Applications (Cover letter, CV, and certified academic documents) should be sent by email to [email protected] cc [email protected] you can also hand in your hard copies addressed to:
The Executive Director
Archie Hinchcliffe Disability Intervention
Disacare Wheelchair Centre
Plot 11305 Libala
P.O Box 33038
Deadline is 27th April 2022
Due to large number of applications, we will ONLY respond to shortlisted candidates for interviews.
Applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.