Property Development Analyst
POSITION: PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT ANALYST
A well positioned commercial property owner is looking to reinvent it’s operations in order to be more profitable and sustainable and is looking to engage a property development analyst (PDA) to develop and execute on a refreshed strategy. The PDA will assess the current status of the business and realign its strategy to meet the ever changing business environment. In addition the PDA will oversees the day-to-day operations of the commercial facilities. They will Direct and control development projects. Reporting to the Human Resource & Administration (HRA) Manager they will perform all duties required to keep everything running smoothly within the facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. They will be required to identify affordable development opportunities, structuring sophisticated debit and equity financing, co-ordinating the development of projects.
2. Overseeing the construction or rehabilitation of the project, and monitoring investor and lender relations.
3. Advertise spaces, and ensure properties maintain a low vacancy rate. This includes drawing up and executing an effective sales and marketing plan.
4. Manage the full life cycle of the rental process. From tenant recruitment, signing (and renewal) of lease agreements, invoice generation, rental collection, issuing receipts and depositing rentals collected.
5. Show the property, review applications, thoroughly screen and approve or reject tenants for properties.
6. Enforce the terms of a lease. Especially with regards to collection and remittance of Withholding Tax, reminding tenants of their obligation to take out insurance and reporting faults promptly to avoid incidents.
7. Provide customer service to tenants, resolving any issues or complaints promptly
8. Draw up and execute monthly and quarterly maintenance schedules together with a comprehensive budget for such maintenance.
9. Co-ordinate all facilities maintenance, manage all vendor relationships and routinely inspects the property for damages.
10. Create and maintain all financial records for the facility, regularly reporting to the HRA Manager.
a. Keep records of receipts and payments
b. Reconcile the balances monthly with the bank statements
c. Keep posted and balanced the purchases and sales ledgers
d. Prepare a detailed list of ledger balances
e. Prepare details of annual stock taking suitably priced and extended
11. Oversee the works and activities of the Facilities Co-ordinater and cleaners to ensure the property is kept in reputable state.
12. Staying abreast with trends in the property market and seeking out opportunities for the company to expand and grow.
13. Any other duties that may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Posses more than 5 years experience in Property Development
2. Minimum of a degree in a relevant field
3. An MBA would be an added advantage