Zambia, Full Time March 30, 2022
VisionFund Zambia Limited is part of a network of microfinance institutions within the VisionFund International network. We empower low-income entrepreneurs with access to integrated financial services that unlock their potential. We are part of World Vision, the largest global Christian humanitarian organization. In order to support our growth aspirations, we seek to recruit qualified candidates who is self-motivated and results-oriented to fill the following position:
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
As Regional Manager your job will be to plan, organize, control and coordinate VFZ credit operational activities (Loan Portfolio) so as to realize the organizational goals and objectives. The position holder also ensures that VFZ remains true to its social mission and provides adequate monitoring and reporting on VFZ social performance to all key stakeholders.
1. To manage the loan portfolio and inform management on the performance of existing Loan
2. Ensure an increase in the number of clients by at least 30% per month
3. Ensure a portfolio grow of the Region by effective supervision of Branches.
4. Maintain a portfolio at risk of the Region to below 5%
5. To recruit and train staff in the Operations Department
6. To prepare and review VFZ Credit policies and procedures periodically
7. To assist Customer Relationship Officers together with Branch Managers in collecting /restructuring bad performing loans
8. To prepare and implement the daily operating Plan to achieve the targets.
9. To advise management on incentives for clients
10. To ensure that effective Branch monitoring and reporting systems are put in place
11. To approve loan applications once appraised satisfactorily in line with the Credit Manual.
12. To ensure that all new Operations Staff competently understand the VFZ Credit Operations and Procedural Manual
13. To provide management with monthly portfolio reports
14. To update and Train all operations staff in the credit operations manuals
15. To ensure that training needs assessment is conducted for all operations staff
Minimum qualification requirements and competencies:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Banking, Finance, Economics or equivalent qualification.
2. Knowledge of Human Centered Design approach
3. At least 3 years’ experience in Credit with a reputable financial institution
4. Good knowledge of various MFS products, current trends, market dynamics and customer needs.
5. Knowledge of regulatory and other product and user experience related issues
6. Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values
Interested applicants should send a cover letter accompanied by a CV to the address below clearly indicating the POSITION being applied for to the attention of the.
The People & Culture Manager
Plot 6810, Chiwalamabwe road Olympia,
P.O. Box 33911
email: [email protected]
Kindly note that VisionFund Zambia Limited does not solicit for fees at any stage of recruitment process, any such attempts should be treated as fraudulent and report immediately.
CLOSING DATE: 30th March, 2022
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org