Lay Counsellor X 3
Chinsali, Full Time
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
About the Position
Date advertised: 5th October 2020
Closing date: 9th October 2020
Position: Lay Counsellor x3
Contact Person: Ackim Phiri
Location: Mpepo (2) & Mundu (1)
Contact email: Ackim.Phiri@equiphealth.org
Contract type: Volunteer
Contract duration: up to 31st Dec 2020
Reporting to: Professional Counsellor
Job grade: TBA .
Key Performance Areas
• Counselling of patients in their own language
• Assist patients in making informed decisions
• Reassuring patients about the confidentiality when doing pre-and post-counselling
• Entering data in the daily register each patient counselled i. e. their age, gender etc.
• Communicate the statistics with the Data capturers
• Compile and store regular reports relating to RTC – supported HIV service as required by RTC management and SITE management.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
• Problem solving skills
• Counselling skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to show empathy
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate in local language
• Ability to perform TBHIV counselling
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Basic counselling qualification
• Basic HIVAIDS training certificate
• 2 years’ experience in counselling
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years’
Job application procedure
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Ackim.Phiri@equiphealth.org