Senior Lecturer/Head of Department – Postgraduate Studies
Lusaka, Zambia, Full Time Applications have closed
The Lusaka Apex Medical University (LAMU) has the following job opportunity under the Directorate of Research, Statistics and Postgraduate Studies.
SENIOR LECTURER/HEAD OF DEPARTMEMT-POSTGRADUATE STUDIES(1)
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Identify, organise and coordinate Post Graduate Programmes internally and externally.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
1) Participate in the formulation and review of Directorate policies and regulations for postgraduate programmes.
2) Conduct regular needs assessments and approval for new post graduate programs
3) Monitor the conduct of Examinations, thesis, and dissertations
4) Facilitate Monitoring and Marketing Post graduate programs
5) Facilitate in the preparation of the budget and work plans for the Directorate.
6) Stimulate, coordinate, and monitor post graduate research activities in the University.
7) Facilitate and solicit for international research fellowship
8) Participate in the preparation of research and/or statistical reports.
9) Coordinate staff development and training of supervisors for post graduate programme.
10) Participate in the teaching activities
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
Provides sound leadership and mentorship to subordinates all the time to ensure high standard of professionalism and integrity.
Well organized and self-motivated.
Must be an effective communicator, tactful, and fair to be able to maintain good working relations in the faculties and cultivate rapport with members of the public as well as the academia in general.
High level of confidentiality
Willingness to work long hours.
Proficient with MS packages (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power point and statistical packages).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Postgraduate degree in Medicine in any Clinical Specialties of Surgery, Internal Medicine, Paediarrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Psychiatry ( MMed or equivalent such as FCS ( COSECSA), FCP (ECSA), F ECSACOG, MRCP, FRCS etc)
At least 7 years of practical experience in the clinical medical field.
Experience in handling undergraduate and post graduate students.
Experience in grant and research proposal writing.
Applications which must include copies of academic and professional certificates must be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar -Human Resources and Administration
Lusaka Apex Medical University Limited
Off Kasama Road
P. O. BOX 31909
Closing date: 16th December 2020