Student Affairs Manager
Lusaka, Zambia, Zambia, Full Time
Plans, organizes, and manages an assigned division within the department to facilitate the delivery of services to students. Student Affairs Managers work under broad, administrative direction with significant responsibility for an assigned area, such as registration, financial aid tests. Responds to inquiries from College departments, educational institutions, the community, and/or external agencies.
The Manager, Student Affairs has overall responsibility and accountability for providing direction in the areas of registration, financial aid and tests. Positions recommend operating policies and procedures. .
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises students, and team leads. Disciplines and recommends dismissal of students and team leads as necessary.
• Stays current on regulatory changes to ensure that the systems and procedures are in place to maintain compliance, as required. Evaluates and communicates the impact of potential legal or regulatory changes on the company.
• Plans, organizes, administers, and manages processes and operations related to assigned area(s) of responsibility; interprets and applies federal and state mandated guidelines. Plans, implements, administers, and evaluates related projects and services impacting the company.
• Establishes, monitors, evaluates, and modifies processes, procedures, and/or standards, ensuring alignment with the Company’s mission, values, goals, and objectives, as well as all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
• Serves as a liaison to applicable external agencies, internal departments, and applicable educational institutions representing the Company with respect to registration financial aid and/or test processes and procedures.
• Advises and enforces Company policies related to services in assigned Student Affairs.
• Maintains a variety of student and program records and information in assigned area of responsibility. Oversees the preparation and maintenance of accurate federal and state statistical reports in assigned area of responsibility. Assists with applicable internal and external audits.
• Analyzes, reviews, and oversees the preparation and dissemination of a variety of reports for the Company for use and access by students and/or external agencies and institutions.
• Develops and facilitates information sessions, presentations, and workshops related to assigned area of Student Affairs.
• Develops, plans, implements, and administers organizational goals and objectives.
• Participates in developing and administering division budget; implements and allocates resources following budget approval; approves expenditures.
• Advises and responds to questions from Company departments and external agencies regarding complex issues or policies impacting assigned programs and services.
• Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
Degree in student personnel, counseling and guidance, public administration or related field
Position Specific Minimum Qualifications:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Managerial principles;
• Student services administration principles and practices at post-secondary institutions;
• Records maintenance principles and practices;
• Budgeting principles and practices;
• Project management principles;
• Principles and practices in assigned area of responsibility;
• Higher education principles and practices.
Demonstrated Skill in: • analysis;
• Developing and managing a budget;
• Evaluating assigned programmatic area for compliance with applicable regulations; • Speaking in public;
• Coordinating the preparation and publication of a variety of reports;
• Conducting research to identify solutions, resolve problems, or provide information;
• Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
• Utilizing computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities;
• Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
Job Education Requirements: Degree in student personnel.
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org